If you’re searching for a cross-country moving company, you’ve come to the right place. While we’re based in Denver, CO, Rocky Movers helps customers from all across the nation relocate to their new addresses with the best moving services we can provide.
As Denver cross-country movers, we’re committed to providing you with the best long-distance relocations in the country, and we achieve this through our wide range of competitive moving services.
As an essential business, we will provide you with the best long-distance move experience possible while keeping an eye on people’s median income and remaining affordable.
We do more than relocate your belongings from point A to point B. This is because we know our customers need far more than that to have a straightforward, stress-free moving experience. We go the extra mile to look after all your moving needs, whether you’re moving across the Great Plains or over the Rocky.
We can take care of every aspect of the moving process. In addition to transporting your possessions, we can help you with storage, packing, unpacking, and providing advice and guidance throughout your long-distance move.
When you contact Rocky Denver Movers to start planning your relocation, we generally initiate the process with a free moving quote or in-home estimate if you live in the Denver area.
We can come to your home in Denver and give you an exact quote for the entire long-distance move based on your possessions’ weight and the nature of the move itself.
Also, we give you the option of performing part of the move yourself. While we can take care of the entire process for you as a full-service provider, some customers prefer to transport their possessions to cut costs. This is entirely up to you; for us, the most important thing is that you feel comfortable and satisfied with your move.
If you’re satisfied with any quote you received from us, we can start planning the move itself. Among other things, we consider how long the move should take and how much packaging you need.
Also, we develop a transportation plan for the relocation and figure out how many trucks from our fleet we should use.
At Rocky Movers, we have a selection of sturdy, quality trucks. These trucks are built for cross-country moves and generally have enough storage space to be able to move all of your possessions in a single trip.
You might not always be ready for your belongings once you arrive at your new address. Maybe you want to store some or all of your possessions for a while.
If this is the case, we have access to a safe, secure storage facility here in Denver. We ensure that these facilities are climate-controlled and can transport your items to and from the facility as necessary.
When you contact us to plan your relocation, it’s only natural that you might wonder about the team we work with. After all, our staff is going to be handling and transporting your belongings across the country.
We are proud to say that our cross-state movers’ team is staffed exclusively by professional, qualified moving technicians, and our Better Business Bureau rating can testify to that.
Also, we ensure that our teams in Denver, CO have frequent opportunities to acquire new skills at every turn. As long-distance movers, our team is the core of our business. We invest in them so that they can provide you with the best possible moving experience.
Few people are enthused by the thought of spending one or several days packing all of their possessions into cardboard boxes. Fortunately, we can take care of this for you.
Our moving team works quickly and efficiently with our packing supplies to pack up your belongings and keep them safe until they reach their final destination.
Years of training and experience mean our full-service staff can prepare your home with our packing materials in record time!
Lots of customers have queries or concerns when it comes to planning cross-country moves. The process can seem complicated, expensive, and time-consuming.
This is why we have compiled a list of some of the questions we most often receive. If you have any doubts, we hope this FAQ section helps to resolve them. Otherwise, please feel free to contact us directly at our Denver office.
Intrastate or Interstate?
They do sound similar! We do not handle intrastate moving since that involves moving within the state rather than out of it.
How Long Does a Cross-Country Move Take?
Whether you’re moving from Denver or elsewhere, the time required to move across the USA can vary dramatically, depending on how far you are moving. The national average time frame is 1-14 business days from the first date that you’re able to accept your goods.
How Much Does it Cost to move Cross-Country in the USA?
The costs associated with your move depend on several factors. It would help if you discussed potential costs directly with the moving company you have chosen.
The best-rated Denver long-distance moving companies are obligated to provide free quotes (by offering an in-home estimate) to all potential customers within a 50-mile radius. We recommend steering clear of those cross-country movers that refuse or don’t offer this option.
Qualities to Look for in Denver, Colorado Long-Distance Movers
Transparent Pricing and a Free Quote
All reputable Denver movers, whether you are moving cross-country or across town, will offer free estimates on all services provided. The pricing will be thorough, itemized, and very clear. The company should also offer you a variety of pricing options, including binding and non-binding interstate moving estimates.
Outstanding Online Reviews
In addition to checking the average rating of the company on the Better Business Bureau website, visit other popular review websites to research some of the established moving companies in Denver, CO. The company should have stellar reviews and several satisfied former customers.
Fully Licensed Denver Movers
In addition to offering free estimates, a reputable Denver area moving company should be fully licensed and bonded. In addition to a license provided by the United States Department of Transportation in Colorado, the company will also require a license through the Public Utilities Commission, or PUC.
The license must be updated yearly. If the long-distance moving company does not have an up-to-date license, consider looking for alternate moving services.
Denver Cross Country Movers Who Meet Your Needs
Not all Denver, CO, long-distance movers offer the same services. Before signing any contract, make sure that the moving company you hire provides you with all the services you need to smoothly and fully execute your long-distance or interstate move.
For example, if you are moving a residential property, ensure the company relocates household goods. If you require the services of a commercial moving company, make sure that you hire a moving company that can meet your needs. You may also require short-term storage services.
Hiring a moving company in Denver, Colorado, that also provides packing services is a great option that will save you time.
Watch Out for Common Red Flags in Cross Country Moves!
Most cross-country movers are reputable, fair, and have a reputation for providing fantastic service. Unfortunately, a handful of moving companies are only interested in making a quick dollar at the expense of their clients.
Here are a few common red flags to watch out for a while hiring moving companies in Denver:
- No physical address or permanent phone number. A common scam that many fly-by-night movers pull is running their business out of their homes. If the company does not have a verifiable physical address or a business phone number, consider these clear signs to take your business elsewhere.
- It costs that much to relocate one apartment? If the price of your cross-country move seems too good to be real, chances are it is because the company that provided you the quote is not experienced, does not carry the proper insurance, is not bonded, or does not have quality equipment. Instead, work with a company in the moving industry is a good reputation that offers a fair price.
- The moving company demands complete payment upfront. Many Denver, CO, relocation services will ask for a small fee upfront. This fee holds your spot and is intended to cover a portion of all your services, including moving and packing service. If the company asks for all the money upfront, do not pay them. This is a common scam that could cost you thousands.
- The moving service doesn’t take a thorough inventory. When you hire cross-country or long-distance movers in the Mile High City, the company will take a comprehensive inventory of your belongings. This list will help determine the overall cost of your move. If the company does not ask for an inventory or doesn’t even visit your local Denver property before providing you a price for their relocation services, take this as a serious red flag.
The best way to ensure you are moving safely and working with a reputable local Denver mover is to do your home, including visiting the Better Business Bureau website and hiring an established company, such as Rocky Movers!
Tips from Our Denver Pros for Your Next Long-Distance Move
If you’re about to plan your move, you may be feeling stressed about the process. We’ve compiled a list of some of our top tips to help any move go off without a hitch.
Save on Service Moving Packing
If you’re taking care of your packing, do not leave it to the last minute! This makes everything feel rushed and chaotic, and you may find that your belongings don’t all fit in the packaging you have available.
Communicate with Your Moving Coordinator
It helps to have a dedicated team assigned for your next move. Don’t be afraid to ask them questions or contact them for updates. The crew is responsible for your possessions until the move is complete, so they understand if you have questions or concerns throughout the process.
Keep Your Valuables Close
Your moving team should do everything it can to keep your belongings safe, but this can never be guaranteed, so if you have any possessions you would hate to see damaged, keep them on your person.
While your belongings will most likely be completely safe and undamaged in the hands of our capable moving team, it may be wise to shop for moving insurance.
Handle the Administration
If you’re moving from Denver, CO, to one of the popular cities, you may have to complete some administrative tasks in connection with your move.
You might also need to inform the council in your area that you have moved. Investigate this before your move is underway so that you have enough time to take care of this side of the move before you arrive.
Plan Your Packing Ahead
If you’re taking care of your packing, do not leave it to the last minute! Rush it, and you may find that your belongings don’t all fit in the packaging you have available.
Communicate With Your Movers
Our movers are here to assist you, and it’s good to keep the lines of communication open both ways. Don’t be afraid to ask them questions or contact them for updates. The movers will understand if you have questions or concerns throughout the process.
While long-distance moving carriers cannot directly handle car shipping, we can certainly guide you toward securing a quote from one of our auto transport van lines to move your vehicle across state lines, so no worries!
How Much Time Do I Need?
Moving across the country takes a while. While most interstate moves can be completed in just a few days, it’s always best to plan for the worst and expect the average commute time to take up to two weeks.
Insure Your Belongings
We’ll make sure everything is moving safely, but it might be worth looking into moving insurance if you have costly articles.
The moving process is detailed in the contract between you and the mover. Most long-distance moving companies will offer different types of service for your long-distance move, including loading & unloading, disassembly & reassembly, furniture moving pads, moving supplies, and storage options.
Binding Estimate – In-Home Moving Estimates Service
This is where the mover presents you with a flat rate for your move. If the mover goes over this amount, they will still cover all excess charges or refund any money you are owed. You are not charged more than the estimated amount.
How Do I Go About Getting A Free Quote?
Our company offers binding estimates for interstate moves. We encourage you to compare our packing services and prices with other companies in your area. For free moving quotes, please provide the following information:
- The date of your move.
- The origin zip code (where your household goods are currently located).
- The destination zip code (where your household goods are going).
- Will you require storage services?
- Select how many bedrooms you have.
After receiving your details, we will reach out to you within 48 hours to confirm your details and provide you with a free quote.
Get a Free Quote from One of The Best Moving Companies in Denver, CO
Our free moving quotes are based on the volume of your shipment, whether you require packing services, and where you are moving to. We cannot give a binding moving estimate without completing the following steps in the Mile-High City:
- The completion of a video or in-home moving estimates.
- Your full destination address.
- The date you plan to move.
It can take several weeks or even months to pack. Between purchasing packing supplies, finding boxes, and putting all your stuff in those boxes, it can seem like an endless chore. However, with some careful planning and a few expert tips from your friends at Rocky Movers, you can make packing and moving a rewarding experience!
Understand the Whole Process
The easiest way to make moving less stressful is to familiarize yourself with the entire process. Do your homework. Ask the friendly staff at Rocky Movers all your moving-related questions.
For example, ask your moving provider about the price structure or to provide exact dates for when the crew will arrive with packing supplies to put all your belongings in boxes.
Whether you have a massive, 5-bedroom home or a modest studio apartment, chances it will take you much longer than you anticipate to pack up all your stuff. As a rule, start sorting your belongings and begin the packing process at least three months before your intended moving date.
Another simple pro tip is to purge your belongings before your move. Go through every room individually and pull out all your belongings. If you have not touched, used, or worn any item in the last six months to a year, chances are you can live without it!
Sort all your belongings into four piles: Keep, sell, donate, or give to friends or family members. There are several benefits to sorting all your belongings. In addition to having fewer items to pack, which will definitely cut down on the heavy lifting, you will spend less on moving costs.
Moving is inherently stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. There are a number of small things you can do to make your long-distance or local move as hassle and stress-free as possible:
- Find creative ways to fund your move. If you are stressed about the relocation cost, find creative ways to pay your bill. For example, host a yard sale and put the funds toward your moving expenses. This is an amazing way to make money and get rid of unwanted belongings simultaneously!
- Stay organized while taking inventory. Taking an accurate inventory is critical. If you are struggling with staying organized, consider creating a spreadsheet to keep track of all your belongings. This spreadsheet can then be shared with the moving company to ensure you receive a precise moving quote.
- Start with small tasks. Another easy way to prevent becoming overwhelmed is to start with small tasks. For example, start with a small hall closet. Move on to the smallest bedroom and continue until you are done with the entire house.
- Consider renting a storage unit. When it comes to meeting all their moving needs, many homeowners overlook the importance of renting a temporary storage unit. A storage unit that is conveniently located near your current home is a great place to keep boxes or move furniture while you organize the relocation.
- Take photos of your layout and electronics. One of the most challenging things about moving is not remembering how to hook up your electronics or how to assemble furniture. Take pictures of the furniture while it is being disassembled, and snap photos of the cords to all your electronics. This will ensure that when you move into your new home, you can reassemble the furniture and set up the electronics with greater ease.
Finally, create a schedule to avoid getting overwhelmed with all that packing. For instance, commit one weekend to each room in your home. Start with the room you use the least, such as a guest bedroom. Save the rooms that are used most often, including the kitchen, for the final weekend.
Here is a sample schedule to help you organize your move:
- Three months before your moving date. Start gathering your moving supplies, including boxes, tape, packing peanuts, and bubble wrap. If you are hiring a moving company that offers packing services, inquire about the cost of packing supplies and ask if the supplies are included in your moving quote. Create a packing plan that includes the order in which you will pack up each room.
- Two months before your moving date. Start decluttering and downsizing your belongings. This is a great time to start packing up your garage, attic, hallway closets, and items you don’t use on a daily basis. For example, pack up your seasonal clothing and holiday decorations first.
- One month before your moving date. Continue to pack up your garage and attic. Start packing up your bedrooms, guest bathroom, and living room. Only pack items that you infrequently use, such as your clothing and toiletries.
- Two weeks before your moving date. Begin packing your kitchen. Pack items you use sparingly, such as extra pots and pans. Start moving boxes downstairs. This will make it easier for the crew to move your items into the moving truck.
- One week before your moving date. Finish packing your kitchen, bathrooms, and bedrooms. Pack your essentials in a separate box, such as toilet paper, paper towels, and cleaning products. These will be critical during the first few days after the move.
- The day of your move. Make sure the boxes are ready to be loaded onto the truck. Keep your children and pets in a separate area and follow the moving company’s instructions. You will be given information about when your items will arrive at your new home.
Or better yet, you can hire the professional crew at Rocky Movers to handle all the packing for you!
You are finally ready to plan your long-distance move from Denver, CO. If you want to work with the best moving company in the Denver area, look no further than Rocky Movers. With several years of experience proudly serving the Denver, CO, area, Rocky Movers offers a wide variety of services that will meet all of your needs.
A Professional Denver-Based Moving Company
At Rocky Movers, we pride ourselves on being the most professional moving company in Colorado. Rest assured that we will treat your items with the utmost care if you hire us.
Experience When You Need It the Most
When you hire a moving company, you want to ensure that the provider is established and knowledgeable. With over 30 years of experience, you can count on the fantastic professionals at Rocky Movers. We have the best crew, the best equipment, and the most experience of any Colorado movers.
We Value Our Customers
At Rocky Movers, we value our customers above all else. When you contact us with any of your moving-related questions, you can rest assured that your concerns will be addressed, and you will have a positive moving experience.
Check Out Our Great Reviews Online
“I moved from Denver, CO, to Pensacola, FL, six weeks ago. We were thrilled with Rocky Movers. They were accommodating and knowledgeable about what they do and gave us a great price without compromising quality. I would recommend this good company to my friends and family. Brad D.”
“I heard mixed stories about long-distance moves but was extremely happy with the service I received from Rocky Movers. They were professional and thorough, always making sure that their services were done right.
I never felt like they were rushing me to finish things, which made the whole moving process out of Denver much more comfortable. The price was very reasonable too! If you are looking out for the best moving company, look no further. Jacinta P.”
“I moved from Cherry Creek to Rockport, IL, recently. Rocky Movers in-home moving estimates were very accurate. They were professional, answered the few questions I had, did all the heavy lifting, and offered excellent packing services. I’ve never used professionals for long-distance moves, but the team was very efficient, and I was happy with the services provided. Pavel T.”
“I just moved from Denver, CO, to Chicago. I’ve used other companies before for long-distance services, but Rocky Movers are one of the best long-distance moving companies by far. They provided everything they promised and more. Tim D.”
“The customer service was excellent. The moving team worked quickly and made sure that my belongings were well taken care of. The moving industry has its share of slippery individuals, but with Rocky Movers, everything went perfectly. Thanks, guys! John C.”
“I had never dealt with a moving company before and was very nervous. The customer service team at Rocky Movers provided me with all the information I needed to get a good idea of my move out of Steamboat Springs in the Rocky Mountains. They were patient, courteous and answered all my questions thoroughly, so I felt prepared for the big day. Susan K.”
“I live near the Denver International Airport and decided to move to another area of Denver to cut down on my average commute time. I needed local movers with a lot of experience who could offer me a fair price. The amazing people at Rocky Movers were everything I could ask for. If you need to hire local movers and you live in the Denver, CO, area, do yourself a favor and contact Rocky Movers. Darrel S.”